Personal Information Collection Statement
Defined terms used in this Personal Information Collection Statement shall have the same meanings as the terms defined in the Terms and Conditions of HKIA Membership Account.
Collection of Personal Data
1. When you use our Services, whether as a Member or as a guest, and when you register an Account, you will be asked to provide personal data to us.
Purpose of Collection
3. Provision of personal data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide sufficient information (i.e. information fields marked with an asterisk – “*”), we may not be able to provide Services to you or respond to your queries. Further, you will not be able to successfully register an Account, and accordingly will not be able to enjoy the privileges which we offer to our Members, such as receiving various promotions, features or email updates from us.
Transfer of Personal Data
5. We wish to be able to use the personal data provided to inform you of the shopping, dining, entertainment and other promotions at Hong Kong International Airport, but we cannot do so without your consent. If you are interested in receiving our news regarding our latest promotions, please register an Account and select “receiving latest news” or sign up for our e-newsletter. We will then inform you of the promotions and updates available at HKIA.
6. In addition, as we continue to enhance our Services, new features and/or services will be added to our Services from time to time. There may be occasions where we will need to provide your personal data to our business partners (ie retailers or service providers operating at HKIA or those who provide services to passengers of HKIA) in order to deliver the Services, and our business partners may use your personal data for their own direct marketing. You will be informed of what personal data we will provide to our business partners.
7. We do not provide your personal data to our business partners for gain. In addition, you can be assured that we will not, without your consent, transfer your personal data to our business partners for their use in direct marketing activities.
Retention, Access and Correction of Personal Data
Where these terms and conditions are available in other languages, the English version shall be the governing version and shall prevail whenever there is a discrepancy amongst versions.